Insolvency law requires a team of lawyers that not only have the depth of legal knowledge, but the commercial and strategic acumen to achieve the best result. Our Restructuring, Turnaround and Insolvency team work closely with experts within our Corporate Advisory, Finance and Litigation teams to provide effective solutions to a range of insolvency matters.
We advise insolvency practitioners, creditors, debtors, investors and directors in relation to all manner of issues arising from restructures, administrations, liquidations, receivership and insolvent trading. This includes:
- Voluntary administrations, liquidations and receiverships;
- Debt workouts;
- Insolvency, risk management and minimisation;
- Directors’ duties of disclosure in relation to solvency issues;
- Debt facilities and debt instruments;
- Deeds & Schemes of Company Arrangement;
- Safe Harbour.
Insolvency and litigation are two areas that are inextricably linked. Our litigation team are well equipped to handle insolvency-related disputes, such as:
- insolvent trading claims;
- ipso facto disputes;
- competing securities;
- unfair preferences;
- creditor preference disputes; and
- claims against directors and company officers.