At Stanton & Stanton, we have built our reputation on providing the highest-quality legal advice to businesses and corporations. If it’s appropriate, then we use our experience in this area to make sure any family law issue you may be facing is analysed from a broader commercial perspective.
When it comes to finding the best possible solution (especially for high-net-worth individuals), it is essential that we consider both the business and tax law implications. In addition, it is crucial to consider what effect property, trust and succession laws may have on any agreement or settlement. If it becomes necessary to mediate or take the matter to court, then our experienced litigation team is well placed to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Since we are a firm with expertise in not only commercial law but also wills and estates law, you can be sure that we provide family law advice that achieves the best possible result for your circumstances. Furthermore, you won’t find yourself having to retain lawyers at a number of different firms to get the specialist advice you need. We can advise you on:
- financial agreements (including pre-nuptial, post-nuptial and de facto agreements);
- spousal maintenance (for both de facto and married couples);
- asset tracing, and pulling apart complex financial agreements involving partnerships, superannuation, companies and trusts;
- child support;
- child custody;
- court representation;
- tax implications of separation and settlements; and
- wills and estate planning;
If it is appropriate for a particular client’s case, we also support the use of ‘collaborative law’ (where clients and their lawyers agree to find a solution without resorting to court).