Wills and Estate Planning
Estate planning is critical for ensuring that your wealth and assets are correctly distributed to those you love. Stanton & Stanton pride themselves on helping families plan for the future. We understand the personal nature of estate planning, together with its legal complexities. This means that our clients have peace of mind knowing that their wishes are clearly expressed. Our services include:
- asset protection;
- business succession planning;
- estate planning, including complex wills;
- wills and testamentary trusts;
- tax and tax planning;
- powers of attorney; and
- living wills.
Our team can help you plan for the future of your business. This includes assistance with:
- business structures;
- financial planning;
- probate; and
- estate administration.
Our litigation team is well-equipped to handle contested estate claims and other estate disputes. Just as importantly, we pride ourselves on being discreet.
Probate and Estate Administration
A deceased estate can involve family disputes, a large pile of paperwork and legal jargon. Stanton & Stanton can assist you in many ways. Our services in this area include:
- interpreting wills;
- advising executors and trustees on their rights and duties;
- applying for probate of a will in the Supreme Court;
- dealing with cases of intestacy (i.e., where there is no will);
- applying for letters of administration (if the will is deemed invalid or is absent);
- identifying estate assets and liabilities; and
- advising in regard to family and testamentary trusts.